We are all horribly sad to say that at 11:30 today (January 22, 2014), we had to say good bye to Chevey. He was very sick and could not keep going. He was a very important part of our lives, enriched our well being, and gave us years of joy.
A tribute to Chevey can be found here and his history is on the page below as well as some of his musings.
In January 2007, we welcomed into our family, the latest addition, Heck’s Kitty, officially known as Canicspots Cheveyo, or Chevey for short. This spirit warrior (or possibly a Hopi mythological monster, depending on who is doing the translation), is an twenty month old F7 SBT Bengal and has joined our family after retiring from a local cattery. This Heck’s Kitty Blog will be his take on our family and renovation – with a little help, of course, from his people. His arrival date at Heck’s Kitchen was January 30th, and he’s definitely trying to take over. But hopefully, he won’t get any unauthorized treats. His wild side (about 14.7%) is definitely showing in his adoration of fresh meat.
Busted! I was caught relaxing on the couch. Shhh. Don’t tell anyone. It must be all the excitement around here at Heck’s Kitchen that’s got me tired out. Or maybe it’s because I sleep 18 hours a day.
December 11th, 2008
- Hello again, children. I haven’t had much to say until now. Randy has been making a mess around here and my beautiful fur is full of dust. But oh my, the new floor in the powder room is tile and that’s very cool. I just love rolling around on it. I’ve been spending my days mooching and taunting Kira – they think it’s Kira’s fault. No way. After all, this was my house first. I’ve finally got them trained to keep my litter box clean. All I had to do was poop a few times in strategic places – the carpet, the hall – and they got the point. I also have Kira to clean my butt whenever I want, and sometimes when I don’t. Life is good when you’re me.
- July 14th, 2007
- Hello, children. What in Heck are these sweet white things? They look like thick tubes with fibres. My personal chef, that’d be Randy, mentioned something about scallops, whatever they are. Anyway, OMG are they good. I even let Kira the finicky eater have a little of the taste they gave me. So far, if Randy makes it, I’ll eat it. But remember, children, don’t be obvious with your mooching. Let them come to you, and never eat at the table.
- July 12th, 2007
- Hello, children. Would someone please let me into my litter box? No? I think I’ll leave a message on the floor about that one. Kira, now you better behave, and stop smelling my butt, ok? You’re the one who farts whenever Randy picks you up. I don’t think he likes it, but he sure does a funny impression of you .. all the time. I’m laughing inside.
- June 10th, 2007
- Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! They cut my claws today. Ouch! Oh, you’ll pay. Well, not really. I’m a nice cat, and I’m not sticking to the floor anymore, so it’s ok. Actually, I think I’ll purr a while and probably sleep on Randy tonight. He’s a good claw clipper. I was pretty scared, but he only clipped the tips, and it didn’t hurt. It’s like he knows what he’s doing. Amazing for a people, isn’t it? They’re usually clueless.
- May 19th, 2007
- Obviously I’m a cat of few words. I just love Kira, and she’s not beating me up anymore. We have these great rolls around the floor. She even cleans my butt. Cool huh? Time for our 10:30pm freak-out. YAY!
- April 7th, 2007
- So this is my house, ok? Kira, if you plan to take over the world, you’re going to need help. Just don’t tell our people. I managed to steal a watch, by the way, but I can’t tell time. <sulk>.Kira is finally being nice to me, and I’m pretty happy. I’ll even let my people touch me again. I guess it’s worth not being an only cat, if I have Kira around. She did bat me on the nose a few times, when I tried to, um, well, I can’t say… So I guess I’m probably not getting any anymore.
- April 6th, 2007
- Kira! Kira is here! Kira is here! OMG…KIRA is HERE!!What’s that funny feeling that I’m having all over again? Oh, she smells soooo good. She’s flirting with me. She keeps trailing her tail across my face. What the heck is a hot, red-blooded, North American Male to do, but get really, REALLY excited?! DANG! I’ve been altered. But wait, that doesn’t mean I can’t get in a little FUN . . .OWWW!You know, she’s a little flirt. I can’t stop chattering. Kris keeps saying, “what?” but I’m not talking to her. I’m talking to my lady Bechira! Prrrrriiimmmaaoowww!
- April 5th, 2007
- OK, so now I’m getting concerned. Kris keeps saying things like, “No longer the only kitty in the universe” and “Your last 24 hours as a single guy”. Randy is actually laughing at this, and saying things like, “Where’s the bachelor party”. I wish I knew what they mean!!This is what I have to say about all that, as I walked across Kris’ keyboard:‘;koygse`[Kris comment: I wonder if that says “Kira” in Bengalese?]
- April 2nd, 2007
- Nice April fools trick, people. Give me new awesome food, then switch me back to the old icky poopy stuff? OhYouGuysAreInSuchTroubleAgain. So, what I’m going to do is steal Joseph’s socks. Right off his feet! Again and again until it drives him crazy. Oh look! I can steal Rhys’ underwear too – but not off his butt – Ewww. His LAUNDRY!!! Oh look what I found!
- March 31st, 2007
- Great. More chaos. They put a rug in the dining room. And, oh, I am sure something bad is going on. A new litter box in another room that I’m not allowed in? New food dishes? New food??? New litter??? And a giant bribe of a big cat tree, which I love, but don’t tell them. I just know something is going on.
- March 28th, 2007
- My pet parent Kris has been hinting a lot that I’m not going to be the center of the universe, soon, because another Heck’s Kitty will be joining our family. Whaaah.They told me, though, that my Lady Bechira will be joining our family. I miss her, and I hope she misses me. I also hope that she calms herself down a little bit. I still have a scar on my back from one of her freak-outs. She’s a beautiful girl and I love her so much. I hope she still remembers me and loves me back!
- March 27th, 2007
- They must be starting to trust me. They left me with the run of the house – forever. You know, if I could tell the time, maybe I’d be able to take over the world. Someone needs to buy me a wrist watch or ankle watch. Apparently, you can’t get a credit card without knowing the date.Now I heard another bit about that other cat. It’s a she, and she’s supposed to be a friend of mine. I sure hope it’s Bechira. I haven’t seen her in, well, forever.
- March 26th, 2007
- What is this rumour I heard about another cat? Huh? Huh? OhYouGuysAreInSoMuchTrouble.
- March 20th, 2007
- March 15th, 2007
By 10:30 tonight, no one had answered me, so I think I’ll tell people what the symbol means. It means that I’m bored, and I’m going to break some plates. Cool huh? The zigzag pattern is what happens when a plate hits the floor when I push it off the table. Neat? I think so.
- March 14th, 2007
- My pet parent – what a silly term – Kris, found a picture of an ALC’s face. Randy, my other pet parent, put it in my blog. I’m not telling anyone where I usually put my blog, but it’s kinda clumpy and smelly.
This is what one of my ancestor’s face looks like. And, this is a picture of me. Our stripes are similar, but I’m gorgeous, and way cuter, although very surprised.
- March 13th, 2007
- OMGyouguysIfoundthegreatestbunchofcattoysever!!!!So, first, in my master suite, there’s this big, tall, white cloth bag-thing that I could fit about 50 of me in. And get this – it’s full of little stuff I can pull out that smells like my people!! Too, too cool! When I found it last night, I first pulled one or two things out that I really liked and took them over to my water bowl to get them nice and wet, so that they’re perfect. Then I began to wonder . . . if this cornucopia of cool stuff is in this bag, what abundance might await me in the trash can??Well. Let me tell you. I’ve found heaven in these two beautiful receptacles of my favourite things. And I was up most of the night, picking new things from both places to take to my water bowl. At one point, I got so excited, I actually dumped over the whole bowl. It was OK though, because then I just dumped everything I liked in the water spill. Nirvana!Well, when Kris got up (and so late, too! 5:30 a.m.!) she scolded me. She also kept telling me “NO!” when I tried to get more stuff out of the trash can. Then, do you know what she did? She took the trash can and put it behind a big door! I can’t get to it anymore! RATS!Oh, look! There’s a sock! I’LL GET IT!
- March 11th, 2007
- I licked that little version of Randy. How did he taste? Like teenage boy. Not really to my taste. I like raw cow much better.
Here’s a picture of one of my ancestors. This is an Asian Leopard Cat. Bengals are a cross-breed of ALCs and Tabbys. Now here’s a picture of Me! I am an F8, which means I am an 8th generation kitty. Look at my big, strong shoulders!
Pretty similar, huh!
I’ll try to get a couple of head shots and include those, too.
- March 10th, 2007
- OK remember when I said I liked snuggling? I decided that 2 and 3 am was a great time for that. Unfortunately, my people didn’t agree. When I dove under the covers to grab Kris’ arm, she jumped and said, “That’s not funny, Chevey!”. Gee…bad sport. Then I continued my prowl under the covers until I got bored of tickling my people.The lady with the cats and her daughter were here again today. I didn’t let the daughter pick me up, this time. The lady worked really hard to pick up all the dust that I’m afraid will keep getting on me.
- March 9th, 2007
- Goodness, I got way too excited about seeing those little versions of Randy, and pooped on the rug in front of the front door. There’s just too much going on here at Heck’s kitchen and I’m such a sensitive kitty. My purr meter is running, tho! I actually sat in Randy’s lap without restraint and let him pet me for almost 2 minutes! Don’t tell him I liked it. I faked him out a little bit by whipping my tail around a bit, looking impatient. But, I liked it. J
- March 3rd, 2007
- I was such a sweet kitty this morning. I don’t know what’s gotten into me, but I guess I like my new people. They like snuggling and, thanks to them, I’m learning to like it, too J Oh, and my purr factor has increased exponentially over the past week. I’ve discovered a whole new part of my personality!There was a lot of banging and sawing going on over the last two days. I’m Heck’s Kitty and all, but sheesh, how much can one kitty take?? I hope they let me out of my suite sometime soon, so I can see what’s going on down there.
- February 28th, 2007
- February 27th, 2007
- I’m locked up in the master suite again, but I’m hunting sawdust bunnies so that’s ok. I snuck out early today and peed in the basement to just to teach them a lesson: Don’t lock up Heck’s Kitty, or else. I have this feeling of impending chaos again. Daddy’s been home talking to all sorts of people – ignoring me, by the way – and that always means stuff is going to be different. I just hate “different”. I’m feeling a bit better though.
- February 25th, 2007
- I think all this renovation stuff has gotten to me too. I don’t feel so good. Daddy, take me to the vet, please. Ok, maybe I’ve been licking my butt too much.
- February 24th, 2007
- Well, finally, they let me back into the dining room/kitchen area again. What is all this hard reddish wood-stuff on the floor? Wasn’t there delicious pink carpeting and nice cool tiles here before? I’m not at all sure about Randy’s judgment.The lady with the cats and her daughter were here again today to get rid of all that horrible dust that keeps getting on me. How can I keep this fur so spectacularly gorgeous if they keep putting dust all over the place? She did a lot of dust bunny work, and I helped <snicker>. I hope they don’t notice the bunny fur stuck between my teeth. Her daughter is pretty and cat-friendly-cool. I even let her pick me up and carry me around. Nobody else can do that. Nope, nope, nope. Don’t tell her I liked it, ok?Now, the other guys in my pride were so driving me crazy today. Joseph jumped on me and I almost had to swipe at his nose. Bad Joseph. But Rhys? He’s really active and tires me out. Cat toys shouldn’t tire you out. I think I’ll go to sleep now. My “keep them up all night” shift doesn’t start until 2:00 a.m.
- February 17th, 2007
- I let Randy hold me long enough to take me down to see how the kitchen remodel was going, and how the guys, whom I met last week, were doing. I had to escape! I ran up his arm, over his head, and down his back . . . then I jumped onto the floor and out the dining room door. ~whew~ that was close. I almost got some dust on me.I like hiding under the guest room bed. A lot. <hide>
- February 14th, 2007
- So I got to meet the people making all that horrible racket today. Whatever. Wake me up when it’s over.
- February 13th, 2007
- All this noise and I’m locked upstairs. That’s it. I’m grabbing a screwdriver and getting into the act. What’s this? A floor board? Not anymore! It’s now a cat toy! Hee hee (Reality check: Chevey was seen walking around holding a screwdriver in one paw).
- February 10th, 2007
- Well, finally someone to clean up all the dust. Another new person showed up, but she smells like cat. No one I know or knew <wink>. It was a pretty good day, I think. I even degraded myself into performing a back flip for those two smaller versions of Randy. Still, don’t tell anyone – I won’t admit it – but it was fun.
- February 9th, 2007
- Who are these two smaller versions of Randy? They’re obviously part of the same pride of cats <sniff> <sniff>. I guess I can let them touch me. I’ll just pretend to be aloof. They’ll never suspect. Oh! I know… I’ll hide under the bigger one’s bed, and when he gets up, I’ll grab him!
- February 8th, 2007
- February 7th, 2007
- I’m upset. There are wire fishes in the ceiling and they’re not letting me hunt. I’ll show them that it’s not so good to be a wire fish. Yeah, like being locked up in the master suite is for my own good. I’m the master now! HAHAHA! Does that mean it’s my room?
- February 6th, 2007
- I was good yesterday even though you all gave me a headache with the banging and the crashing. Today is a good day to spend under the bed sulking. <sulk>
- February 3rd, 2007
- They’re packing stuff. Am I moving again? I can’t handle the chaos. The upheaval – hey, I’m a smart cat and can use big words – is bad. What’s going on?
Is it weird to carry around stuff in little plastic bags? They’re laughing at me. Oh! Kris is trained too. She’ll clean my litter box on demand. Sweet! I saw myself in the mirror today. OMG, I’M GORGEOUS!
- February 2nd, 2007
- I’m so upset. They took me to the vet today. Do I need to say anymore?
- February 1st, 2007
- I’ve definitely got Randy trained. If I meow really loud, he’ll come and check my litter box, clean it, and then I’ll make a “Kitty Blog” right afterwards. And, get this. He’ll clean that up too! What service. Ya think he suspects? I’m still not sure about this place. It’s so big and there are no other cats. I miss Joy and Sam. The basement is way less intimidating, so I think I’ll stay down here for a bit. Kris and Randy keep coming down to play. Is that normal? Get this, they think I’m a dog too. I’ve been holding my front leg up, pretending to point <giggle-purr>.
- January 31st, 2007
- This place is kinda cool. We played “pounce on the toes” this morning. Randy’s been listening to me when I tell him to clean up my litter box, so I’ve got him trained already. Nice. I’ve already taken and hidden loads of stuff, but it’s mine anyway. Am I needy? Nah! Just rub my tummy and I’ll be happy. That or I’ll just sit in the sun and snooze. There’s a bug! There’s a bug! I’LL GET IT
- January 30th, 2007
- I’m not quite sure what to make of all this. First, I thought I was going to the vet and I yelled and screamed all the way, so they threw a blanket over the box, and that helped a bit. Then, they dumped me in this place I’ve never seen before, which obviously had a cat at one point many years ago, but I can still smell it. But all these banisters. Wow! I can walk from downstairs all the way upstairs without touching the floor. These people better watch out, or I’m going to jump on their heads! I’ve already made myself quite at home in Randy’s office, pushed his papers off his desk, because the space on this bookshelf is mine, after all. Don’t tell anyone, but I think my mommy misses me, and I miss her too. She already sent me e-mail. I’d reply, but I can’t really type. The place is SO big. So, I think I’ll just follow Randy around a while. He thinks I’m heeling, like a dog, but that’s just to mess with him.
- January 29th, 2007
- It’s late, I’m the only one up, and bored. So, if anyone wants to know about me, here’s my pedigree. There’s a horrible rumour that all the really cool toys (breakables) are being put away where I can’t get to them. Bad people! Bad people!
- January 28th, 2007
- Chevey was unavailable for comment and did not return our calls.
|Here’s a picture of me when I was a stud. My people think I might be slightly related to another cat on this website, by they’re just people. What do they know anyway?. Actually, my lineage is available here.|