This is a big warning. Not all lecithin is the same. Health food stores carry some interesting 97% pure soy lecithin. We’re not sure what the remaining 3% is, but you’re pretty much guaranteed that it’s not going to taste very good. The last bit we got hold of smelled like damp chicken feed, which, unfortunately for us, is what we use for kitty litter, and that is not particularly appetizing, to say the least.
Since the previous report, a number of manufacturers are advertising Soy Lecithin with a nutty flavour. Clearly, it’s no longer considered flavour neutral.